Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last couple days..

We are doing pretty good. We are trusting God's plan. That brings us so much peace. I remember how hard life was before I could make myself trust God. I was always having a hard time dealing with life.. or the loss of life.

Thank you, God for your help.<3 And thank you for not giving up on me after all my stubborn years.

Yesterday, Bryant and mom came to pick me up and we went out to do a little Christmas shopping. Since I haven't been working, I've been secretly saving up my "lunch money" that my husband gives me. haha  I feel like a kid again. I wanted there to be a way for me to buy him Christmas presents without him knowing. I've been buying little things here and there and hiding the gifts at my parents' house. It works out pretty well since I haven't had much of an appetite with all these aversions. Why would I want to buy food if it is just going to go to waste? Why do that when I could just buy my boy a model rocket?  Haha  He's so cute. I love that little boy inside my man.

While we were out, we stopped at Kmart to get a few things and when we went to check out, we picked the  shortest line we could find.  Of course, you know what that means. Something always goes wrong in the "express" lane. I noticed the cashier was a sweet little old lady who was doing the best she could and it made me sad that the other people in line were being so impatient. I could tell she felt bad. The customer she was helping was also an older woman and seemed a little senile. I have never gone out around Christmas time and expected to get in and out of a store quickly! That's nonsense. Any way, the cashier really was a sweetheart. By the time we finally made it to the front, she was very apologetic and we assured her it wasn't a big deal. We made conversation with her to make her feel better. Talked about her 17 grandkids and how one of her daughters had quadruplets through ivf. Momma told her I am pregnant with twins and she lit up like a Christmas tree. She was so sweet- kept saying "congratulations and God bless you, Merry Christmas" I knew that lady shared the same faith as us. It was just to clear in the way we communicated. It was also clear in the way she treated the customer who took at least 30 minutes to check out. I am thankful for people like this cashier, who exemplify true character and the love of God through the way they treat others.

I checked my blood pressure at Kmart while we were there. It was 133/85.  When Chadd got home, we talked about it and he thought we should go back and have it checked again, to see if it stays the same throughout the day. When we went back, it was 119/76. Kinda crazy.  It had gone down quite a bit. I think Chadd helps. When he's with me, I always feel less stressed and healthier.  ;)

I am ready for this nausea be over and done with. It sure seems to have gotten worse over the last week. Baby C is still in me, which I feel is hard to think about. My body is still responding to the hormones generated by 3 placentas.  It makes it hard to sleep, eat and pretty much makes it hard to do anything!  I am ready to be normal again. Haha yeah right..  :)

I love having these babies grow in me. I love seeing my belly grow. I love seeing them kick and smile on the ultrasound screen. I love knowing that this time next year, I will be holding them and kissing their sweet & tiny faces. I am just thankful I am sick because I am pregnant and not because I have the flu. I love being pregnant and I love these babies so much.

I almost forgot to mention that we took the gender predictor test yesterday morning. It is said to be about 90% accurate. From what this test revealed, at least ONE of our babies is a boy. So either a boy and a girl or a boy and a boy (according to this test)   We will know for sure soon.. We're just dying to find out :)

1 comment:

  1. HI! Thank you for the very very sweet comment on my blog, it really made me smile. You do know how we feel! If you ever want to talk, please let me know I'd be happy to give you my email. I really love your blog and can't wait to read more. Your faith is really inspiring. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete